1. $5 Bag Sale at the Thrift Store. I’m really good at packing a bag! I spent about an hour and a half with my little kiddles searching for clothes for the family. We filled the brown paper grocery bag full! When I went to pay, the lady said, “It’s taken care of. It was the Lord.” After I realized what she was saying, I just felt overtaken by God’s grace and provision! Wow God!
2. We got the notebooks, pens, and pencils we need for the year at Walgreens for less than $5! Wow God!
3. Lowell went to Redeemed, a used bookstore that sells homeschool books and traded a couple of boxes of books that someone had given to us for the three readers that I need for Amy. He came home with $163 that I can use for other school things we need and the fees for Matthew’s enrollment at the community college! Super-Wow God!
4. Matthew got a job! Wow God!
5. When Lowell unpacked the bag, we counted 23 items including three nice dress shirts for him and something for every family member including Grandma! Wow God!
6. A free movie from Redbox for hubby and I to enjoy after the kids were in bed last night! We watched Inkheart. It was a good action movie. It was also funny in places. It’s rated PG. I do not recommend it for children, however. Too scary in places and a swear word in an early scene that was inappropriate in a PG movie were enough to keep us from allowing our children to view it. Teens and above would be fine, however.
And I thought it was just going to be another rainy Saturday!
Thank You God for your abundant provision just when we needed it and when I needed encouragement!